The village was located in low-lying hills that stretched in a north-south direction. The hills descended westward, overlooking the villages of Bayt Nuba and Yalu, which were situated to the southeast. Ajanjul was linked via a dirt path to a highway that led to the towns of al-Ramla (to the northwest) and Ramallah (to the northeast). People from Bayt Nuba originally lived in the village on a seasonal basis to cultivate the land. Ajanjul was referred to as Bulbul under the Crusaders. The village site was mentioned by the nineteenth century British surveyors who authored the Survey of Western Palestine; they described it as an uninhabited khirba with visible ruins. It was classified in the Mandate era as a hamlet by the Palestine Index Gazetteer. In the 1931 census Ajanjul was listed as a separate village, whereas in the 1945 Village Statistics it appeared under Bayt Nuba. Its houses were made of masonry. The village children attended school in Bayt Nuba, which provided the villagers with other services as well. Agriculture was rainfed. While grains and olives were the main crops, the residents of Ajanjul also planted fig and almond trees.
There are no Israeli settlements on village land.
The stone debris of houses, concentrated in a small spot and overgrown with wild vegetation, are all that remain of the village. Fig, almond, and mulberry trees also grow on and around the site. On the southern side of the village there is a rocky structure containing two graves; southwest of it lies the village cemetery, where two stone graves are visible. The area is closed and is located along the 1967 border between Jordan and Israel.