The village was located on the western edge of the plain of Marj ibn 'Amir, overlooking the plain, on the south side of the Haifa-Jinin highway. Of the 1,200 inhabitants, 1,180 were Muslims and 20 were Christians. Their houses were built of stone with mortar made of either cement or mud. For some, wood, straw, and mud were used to build roofs. In one part of the village, the houses were spaced apart from each other, while in another they stood side by side. AI-Mansi had a boys' elementary school, a mosque, and a mill. It also had at least six springs. Its economy depended on agriculture-especially grain, olive, and vegetable cultivation-and animal husbandry. In 1944/45 a total of 5,904 dunums was allotted to cereals; 1,391 dunums were irrigated or used for orchards, of which 243 dunums were planted with olive trees.
During the night of 12-13 April 1948, Palmach units moved on aI-Mansi, occupying it along with the village of aI-Naghnaghiyya. Zionist forces had been locked in battle with the Arab Liberation Army (ALA) over the nearby settlement of Mishmar ha-'Emeq since 4 April (see Abu Shusha, Haifa District). The Palestinian newspaper Filastin reported that Zionist forces had infiltrated al-Mansi a few days before, on 9 April, and had exchanged fire with its defenders. ALA commander Fawzi aI-Qawuqji reported that his forces withdrew to the village on the afternoon of 11 April after a 'violent' Jewish counterattack. When the ALA had proposed a ceasefire in the battle, the Haganah commanders rejected the offer and decided to counterattack extensively, occupying and destroying the surrounding villages. All the houses of al-Mansi were blown up over the following days, according to Israeli historian Benny Morris; the residents were probably displaced at the same time. However, at the end of the following month, the New York Times reported that Israeli columns cut into the Triangle area from the northwest, occupying al-Mansi and other villages. This may indicate that the Haganah did not maintain a constant presence in the village.
Midrakh 'Oz (165222) was built close to the village site in 1952; part of it is on village land.
The remains of the school and the mosque are still standing in the midst of a thick undergrowth composed of vines and thorny bushes. The exposed foundations of the village buildings, surrounded by stone rubble, can be seen throughout the site. There are many cactuses and trees. The agricultural kibbutz of Midrakh 'Oz occupies part of the adjacent land. The rest is used for growing avocado trees and raising poultry and cattle.