The village was south of Mount Hazur (or Hadhur), whose foothills bordered the village on the north and overlooked one of the tributaries of Wadi al-Rabadiyya that flowed into Lake Tiberias. It was linked by secondary roads to highways leading to Tiberias, Safad, and Nazareth. AI-Mansura was next to the village of Mughar in the west and was originally an offshoot of this village. In the late nineteenth century, aI-Mansura was a village built of stone, situated on the slope of a hill. The village's estimated 150 to 200 residents cultivated 'extensive' olive groves to the south. The steep slope of its land induced the villagers to build terraces on the hillsides to preserve the soil. Accordingly, its houses followed the same arrangement of graduated elevation, and were built mostly of stones, mud (used as mortar), and timber. During the last years of the British Mandate, the combined population of aI-Mansura and Mughar consisted of 1,250 Druze Muslims, 800 Christians, and 90 Sunni Muslims. The villagers worked in agriculture, cultivating mainly grain and olives. In 1944/45 a total of 18,352 dunums of the land of the two villages was allocated to cereals; 7,864 dunums were irrigated or used for orchards.
The precise date and circumstances of the village's occupation are not known, but Palestinian historian 'Arif aI-'Arif indicates that the occupation of the village had a demoralizing effect on the residents of Safad. This would indicate that al-Mansura fell some time before 10 May 1948. Citing a Minority Affairs Ministry list of 17 November 1948, Israeli historian Benny Morris states that the adjoining Druze village of Mughar 'surrendered' over 29-31 October, during Operation Hiram (see 'Arab al-Samniyya, Acre sub-disctrict). The inhabitants of al-Mansura probably fled at this time.
There are four Israeli settlements on village lands Chazon (187257), established in 1969, is west of the village site; Tefachot (189252), established in 1980, is to the south; and Kallanit (192253) and Ravid (193250), both built in 1981, are to the southeast.
The site is covered with debris and is overgrown with olive trees, cactuses, and tall grass. Some truncated walls are visible; one of them is made of stone and has an arched door. Another is perforated and its interior steel bars are exposed, apparently because it had been blasted apart with dynamite.