The village stood on flat ground on the southern coastal plain of Palestine. A tributary of Wadi al-Sarar passed through its eastern half. A 3-km dirt path linked it to the Jerusalem-Gaza highway, and other dirt paths linked it to nearby villages. The village was first established as a cluster of grain storage houses by a group from the al-Wuhaydat tribe; its name is the diminutive of the Arabic word for storehouse. Al-Mukhayzin consisted of a small number of houses, most of which were built of adobe, although a few were made of stone and cement. The village plan was rectangular in shape and extended towards the northwest. AI-Mukhayzin was classified as a hamlet by the Palestine Index Gazetteer. The villagers were predominantly Muslim, and worked in rainfed, agriculture and cultivated grain, vegetables, and fruits. In 1944 they planted a total of 10,936 dunums in cereals. The village was built over an archaeological site that included a well, a pool, architectural fragments, and pieces of pottery.
Although the exact circumstances are not known, the village probably was occupied during one of the operations that followed Operation Nachshon (see Bayt Naqquba, Jerusalem sub-disctrict) in the Jerusalem corridor. Israeli historian Benny Morris gives the date of occupation as 20 April, in which case it would have fallen within the scope of Operation Har'el. Although al-Mukhayzin lay at some distance from most of the other villages in the occupied area, it may have been captured during the attempt to control the road from Jerusalem to the coast. Most villages in the corridor were destroyed shortly after capture since, according to Morris, there was a 'decision to destroy villages in strategic areas or along crucial routes regardless of whether or not they were resisting Haganah conquest.' He does not mention what happened to the villagers.
The settlement of Chafetz Chayyim (131133) was built in 1944 on what was traditionally village land. Later, in 1948, the settlement of Revadim (132131) was added, as were Yad Binyamin (133134) and Beyt Chilqiyya (132133). The latter two settlements were established on village land in 1949 and 1953, respectively.
The village has been completely levelled so that only flat, cultivated fields can be seen. There is a mound of stone and debris, about 2.5 m high, at the southern edge of the site. An orange grove has been planted next to the mound, also at the southern edge.
Operations Nachshon and Har'el to Open Tel Aviv-Jerusalem Road
3 April 1948 - 21 April 1948