The village lay in a flat area in the al-Hula Plain, next to the intersection of the Jordan River with Wadi Tur'an, which descended into Lake al-Hula some 4 km due south. It was linked to neighboring villages via a network of secondary roads, around which the village houses were clustered. Travelers who visited al-Salihiyya in the late nineteenth century described it as a village built of adobe bricks, situated on arable land on a plain close to a marsh. The village population was about ninety. The center of the village was defined by a small marketplace. Its population was predominantly Muslim. Al-Salihiyya had a mosque and a boys' elementary school. Agriculture was the residents' economic mainstay; they grew vegetables and fruits in the eastern and northern segments of the village land. In 1944/45 a total of 4,230 dunums was allocated to cereals and 23 dunums were irrigated or used for orchards.
Al-Salihiyya fell on 25 May, as part of Operation yiftach (see Abil al-Qamh, Safad District).
There are no settlements on village lands. Kefar Blum (207286), founded in 1943, is just to the northwest of the site on lands that traditionally belonged to the village of Qaytiyya.
The village has been obliterated; no trace of it remains. Residents of the settlement of Kefar Blum cultivate the surrounding land.