The village was located in a flat, sandy area of the coastal plain, next to a secondary road that linked it to the coastal highway, to the east. It was not far from where Wadi al-Mafjar emptied into the Mediterranean, south of Wadi al-Mafjar and northwest of the Zionist town of Chadera (founded in 1890). This coastal area was generally swampy and malarial, and these conditions put limits on population growth in the area until the mid-1920s. The gradual expansion of the settlement of Chadera drastically reduced the land available to Arab al-Fuqara', until there was nothing left but a thin strip of land between Chadera and Wadi al-Mafjar. The inhabitants of Arab al-Fuqara' were descendants of a section of the al-Balawina Bedouin tribe, whose primary territory was near Bir al-Sabi'.
The northwestern sections of the settlement of Chadera occupy the site. These include a small neighborhood known as Newe Chayyim.
There are no landmarks or other signs of the village. Eucalyptus trees grow on the village site.