The village stood on undulating terrain on the coastal plain, 1.5 km east of the coastal railway line. A secondary road linked it to other villages before it joined the coastal highway. It was established on an archaeological site that contained the remains of the Crusader village of Megedallum. Because it was built next to a well (which bore the same name), the village attracted the Bedouin of the area; they gradually settled in the village. Next to the well lay the tomb of a Shaykh 'Abdallah, whom the villagers revered. The people of al-Majdal built their houses of adobe brick along narrow alleys. Their main crop was rainfed grain, but they also cultivated a variety of fruit trees.
There are no Israeli settlements on village land. The settlement of Sde Yitzchaq (149201), built in 1952, is very close to the site but is on land that formerly belonged to the (destroyed) village of Raml Zayta.
No traces remain of the village; the site is covered with grasses and other wild vegetation.