The village was located on a slight knoll a bit more than 3 km northeast of Chadera (142204), south of the Chadera-'Afula highway. Its name suggests that it may have been founded by Circassians from the southern borderlands of Russia who had been expelled by Czarist armies and had sought refuge in Ottoman territories. Circassians are known to have settled in this region in the nineteenth century. In the Mandate era, it was classified as a hamlet in the Palestine Index Gazetteer.
Gan Shemu'el (145206) was built about 1 km from the khirba in 1913. The settlement of Talmey El'azar (148205) was established near the village site in 1952.
Cactuses and spikes of grain are scattered across the site; there are no traces of any landmarks or houses. The land near the site is used by Israeli farmers for raising cattle and growing citrus.