The village was located on flat terrain in the middle of the Marj ibn 'Amir plain. The marsh of al-Nuwaytir was situated on the eastern part of its land. A secondary road linked the village to the 'Afula-Megiddo highway. The people of Khirbat Lid were Muslims and maintained a village mosque. Their houses, made of masonry and either mud or cement, were clustered together. They obtained their domestic water from a well on the southeast edge of the village. Khirbat Lid's economy was based on animal husbandry and agriculture; grain was the main crop. In 1944/45 a total of 13,063 dunums was allocated to cereals; 103 dunums were irrigated or used for orchards. Three km west of the village lay Khirbat al-Manatir (169224) on an uneroded volcanic outcrop in Marj ibn 'Amir. The archaeological remains on this site include evidence of a Byzantine settlement.
A Jewish force infiltrated the village on the evening of 26 February 1948, in the early weeks of the war. An account of the raid published in the Palestinian daily Filastin states that villagers fired heavily on the attackers, driving them back after a brief skirmish. No casualties were reported.
While no explicit account of the occupation of Khirbat Lid is available, it is possible that, given its location, it may have been one of the villages that were captured in the aftermath of the battle of Mishmar ha-'Emeq (see Abu Shusha, Haifa District). All of the villages occupied during the operation were almost immediately destroyed.
A more remote possibility is that it was occupied in the course of the Israeli army's Operation Dekel (see 'Amqa, Acre District).
Israelis established the settlement of ha-Yogev (169224) to the west of the village in 1949; a number of its houses have been built on village lands.
Piles of stones, scattered across the ground near several large eucalyptus and olive trees, are all that remain of the village. There is a newly-built structure over the village well.