The village was situated between the Jamma'in River (on the north) and Wadi al-Jawsaq (on the south), on flat terrain that sloped gradually towards the northeast, near the foot of the al-Faqqu'a Mountains (also known as the Jilbu' Hills). The spring of Ayn al-Jawsaq flowed 0.5 km south of the site, and a dam equipped with a water-powered mill stood about 0.2 km to the west. Tall al-Shawk was linked directly to Baysan by a secondary road; dirt paths connected it to neighboring villages. It had a rectangular plan. Its inhabitants were Muslims. In 1944/45 a total of 33 dunums of what was left of village land was allocated to cereals; 14 dunums were irrigated or used for orchards. As its name suggested, the village was built on a mound in which traces of earlier buildings were visible. The nearby Tall al-Shaykh Humud (192211) had granite columns on its surface.
There are no Israeli settlements on village lands.
No traces of the village remain. The site itself is covered with weeds and thorns and is traversed by a man-made canal. Two large eucalyptus trees can be seen on the site. The land around Wadi al-Jawsaq is cultivated by the settlement of Nir David, which was established in 1936, on the nearby lands of al-Sakhina.