The village was located on the northern bank of a wadi that bore the same name: Wadi al-Hamam ('Valley of the Pigeons'). It was about 3 km west of the shore of Lake Tiberias. A dirt path linked it to a highway leading to the village of al-Majdal on the lake. A small fort, known as Qal'at al-Hamam or Qal'at ibn Ma'ni, was nearby. The English traveler Richard Pococke visited the wadi in 1737 , as did Burckhardt almost a century later. Both reported seeing the fort but made no mention of a village. According to later sources, however, the Bedouin of the area had settled near the wadi.
All that remains of the village are the debris of houses and the remnants of walls. The site is overgrown with thorns, grasses, and some trees. Near the site, a new village bearing the same name has been set up by Israelis for Palestinian "internal refugees" from the villages of the al-Hula area, especially the village of al-Muftakhira (in Safad sub-disctrict). These villagers, however, do not own any of the land around the village. Some of this land is used as pasture and some is cultivated.