The village stood on the southern side of a natural, shallow trough through which Wadi al-Tayyiba flowed. Down the hill to the north, between the wadi and the village, was the spring of Ayn Yubla, which was the inhabitants' main source of fresh water. Marshlands covered most of the areas to the north and the northwest of the site. A secondary road that passed through several villages linked Yubla to the highway leading to Baysan, and dirt paths connected it to other villages in the area. The site was known to the Crusaders as Hubeleth. During the Mandate, the houses of the village, which was classified as a hamlet by the Palestine Index Gazetteer, were built along the roads, especially the one to Ayn Yubla. The villagers were Muslims, and worked primarily in agriculture, cultivating grain, vegetables, and other crops. In 1944/45 a total of 25 dunums was devoted to citrus and bananas and 1,971 dunums were allotted to cereals; 37 dunums were irrigated or used for orchards. Khirbat Umm al-Su'ud, about 1.5 km southeast of the village, contained rough stone enclosures and traces of walls.