The village stood on sandy, flat terrain about 3 km east of the Mediterranean shore, close to the site of the Roman-Byzantine town of Qisarya. The village name meant "outside of Qisarya." An archaeological survey of the village site located traces of walls, glass, marble fragments, and pottery fragments in the sand dunes.
The settlement of Or 'Aqiva was built on village land in 1951 it is now a small town with over 7,000 inhabitants and has also spread onto the lands of the destroyed village of Qisarya. Qesarya, formally registered as a settlement in 1977, is nearby.
Piles of rubble and stone from the last remaining group of houses (which were destroyed shortly before the research team's visit) lie in one of the squares of the town of Or 'Aqiva. The trunk of a eucalyptus tree that was planted in the village is still present on the site. While most of the village families now reside in the West Bank, a few families (including the family of the former mukhtar, or village headman) remained, building new houses about 0.5 km north of the original site. The lands around the site are taken up by the town, the new houses of the former villagers, and citrus groves.